Monday, June 27, 2011

Some recent home improvements - Another reason I love garage sales!!


This is not fishing related but I felt I needed to show why I have not been posting lately :)  I went to a garage sale looking for tying stuff and found hundreds and hundreds of tile for $10.  I always wanted to get rid of all my vinyl flooring and this was my kick in the pants to do it.  My house is a cookie cutter house where every 4th house is the same and want mine to stand out. It was a foreclosed house and the people before took EVERYTHING out!  Ceiling fans, vanities, and even down to the light switch covers.  It was a deal I could not pass up and knew I had my work cut out for me. I purchased it when I had an amazing job and was VERY affordable at the time. Not being able to work now has really slowed it down since I am doing everything to keep the house!  It is my first house and quite attached to it.  But I have been able to keep up with payments as of now so that is one less thing to worry about. I love working on my house cause it gets my mind off other stuff and that feeling of accomplishment.  I will be able to do my kitchen and also the upstairs bathroom as well with this tile. Here is what I got done so far.





These are the tiles I picked up.



This has been the biggest project. My father for my birthday bought my bricks for me and then it was on! I have been working on this for a couple weeks.  110 degree weather has made it quite rough!!  This RV side was just dirt and needed a make over.


You can't really tell from this picture but it goes all the way to the sidewalk.  I am quite proud of this addition since I really am not the biggest handy man.

Thanks for viewing!  

13 comments:

  1. ooh neat! handy enough for me!

    LOVE the brick drive. really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Dustin! Home projects are a pain in the butt, but that's what being a homeowner is about, always playing catch-up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ tex -- I was really happy how it turned out.

    @ Howard -- Yes they are a pain but it is better to improve rather than fixing something broken

    @ Phillip -- Thanks buddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on the pavers! Garage sales are a great place to fins some good bamboo rods for dirt cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work. I work in home improvement at the moment (wasting my college education), and the only way to become a good handyman is to keep at it- practice make perfect. Looks like you're well on your way. I've seen "pros" (people that do this stuff for a living) that do far less quality work than what you've shared by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go there, Handy Andy, looks great!

    And thanks for the idea: when I leave my house I'm taking the light switch covers. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Awesome work. Looks like you're a great 'handy man' to me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice looking tile job Dustin. I like the pattern of the second one. What a sweet score with the garage sale. Tight Lines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Home maker useful for this information,so i like the source idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. More room for contingency or luxury spending you may have as your kitchen nears completion.

    ReplyDelete