I just finished my first fly order. I got this order due to a friend in Idaho and the client knew exactly what they wanted and I am sure he will be pleased. It is 85 flies in total. I got the order on Sunday and finished it Tuesday night. He gave me 2 weeks to finish and I felt obligated to finish them ASAP, so he would see that I was not wasting anytime and hopefully make another order. I had so much fun doing this order! Since I do not get to go fishing very often I am excited that someone can get some use out of my flies. I made him promise to send me pics of fish caught!! I would never tell him but I would have tied these for free since I love to do it and it fills my day. Well maybe not for free but at least replace the materials. I have literally thousands of flies just chilling waiting for the day to hit the water. He asked what I had in stock but I told him that didn't matter cause he gave me the 2 week window if I didn't have in stock. I just didn't want to send him what I already had tied for the fact I wanted to challenge myself in getting an order done. I wanted to tie for a purpose for once rather then just grabbing flies that were already done and shipping. That might sound weird to some of you but being my first order I wanted it to be a challenge and prove I can get something done quickly, not just to the customer but to myself. Here is the whole order completed! I use this box to hold all my flies I am tying at the moment. This box has touched every fly that I have tied.
I tied a couple dozen brassies in red and green. He wanted just conventional brassies in size 16 and 18.
He also wanted some foam stoneflies. He gave me his specs and also the freedom to tie a couple different colors in the hair and the foam. I did a couple in extended bodies as well.
I tied a dozen PMD's in multiple sizes. Here is a couple that I did.
These are called foam mighty mouses. He just wanted 2 so he can try them out.
These are a take on the original Stayner Ducktail. I have tied the originals in the past and he wanted an updated version. I used a blue flash body and a flash tail.
These are a standard bead scud but he wanted a pink upper bead and to use a dubbing material that had flash. This is what I came up with.
He wanted some floating buggers for bass. These are in essence just a gurgler. He gave me the specs and I followed it to the "T". He also wanted one with black foam, black body, and a mixture and green and yellow body. He just wanted one of each of the different colors to give them a try. I had a COMPLETE blast doing this and hope I can do it again soon! I really, really, really, hope he has as much fun catching fish with these as I did tying them. Thanks for taking the time to read this over!